In Swedish massage, you will lie on a massage table and is draped with a towel or sheet. Our service is a full-body massage treatment, except in areas that are contraindicated or where you request not to be touched. Each session usually lasts 30-60 minutes. Depending on your preferences, a Swedish body massage session may include 5 main basic techniques such as effleurage, petrissage, tapotement/rhythmic tapping, friction, vibration/shaking.
• Step 1 (Effleurage): Using sliding or gliding Swedish massage techniques to cover different areas of the body. They are long sweeping strokes which alternate between firm and light pressure and can be performed by using palm of hand or fingertips.
• Step 2 (Petrissage): Kneading the muscles of the body to attain deeper massage penetration by the thumbs and the knuckles of fingers.
• Step 3 (Tapotement/Rhythmic tapping): Creating rhythmic tapping by using the fists of the cupped hands to loosen and relax the muscles being manipulated and helps to energize them.
• Step 4 (Friction): The palms of the hand are rubbed together vigorously with each other, or they are rubbed onto the skin of the person being massaged to produce heat by friction. This techinique helps to relax and warm up for the muscles of the body.
• Step 5 (Vibration/Shaking): Using a back and forth action of the fingertips or the heel of hand over the skin to loosen up and relax the muscles.